Admit it. You love your dog or cat almost as much as you love your children… sometimes even more. So why do so many people not insure their pets? I sat down with Peg Albrecht, our Senior Personal Lines Account Manager, and asked her what her thoughts were on the subject. She immediately said that the lack of knowledge in regards to pet insurance is the main reason. So, I made Peg give me 8 reasons why she thought pet insurance is so important.
1. You can get up to $15,000 worth of pet coverage with as low as a $250 deductible per year.
2. You can get reimbursed for vet visits and lab work for up to 90%.
3. You can get accident and illness coverage.
4. There are no copays.
5. You can get reimbursed for micro chip implantation.
6. You can get coverage for knee and ligament procedures.
7. You don’t have to choose between the finances and the life of your pet.
These are only a few of the benefits of having pet insurance. There are many more Peg is able to discuss with anyone that is interested.
After speaking with Peg, it’s safe to say that I will be calling my mother after work today and making sure our family dog is properly insured!