Flood and/or Earthquake Liability

Did you know?

Flood insurance is NOT covered on a standard property policy. Your business doesn't need to be in a special flood hazard area in order to buy flood insurance. Keep in mind that there is a 30 day waiting period for a new policy.

Flooded Restaurant??

Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) assistance is ONLY available if the flood is declared a federal disaster, which happens less than 50% of the time.

NOTE: FEMA is a loan that you actually have to pay back AND it’s more expensive than flood insurance!

Did You Say Earthquake Liability?? I Live in the Midwest...

Yes, an earthquake in the mid-west is unlikely BUT it’s not impossible. Therefore, if you are located in the midwest, your property policy will most likely exclude losses due to earthquakes. Luckily, several carriers will include it as an endorsement to your property policy and the cost is often nominal in the mid-western area.

Experience the Difference. Give Us a Call Today at 952.930.3661