Graduating from college is an exciting time for students and parents. However, it can also be an uncertain and stressful time. Trust us. We got this. Here is a list of some things to consider when you or your college graduate are ready to take the next step in their lives.
1. Look over your family's current insurance and check if there are any recommended changes.
2. Know the law. Most states require drivers to have auto insurance and many of them have minimum policy limit requirements. Check the laws within your state and call us to make sure you're properly insured.
3. Read your lease. A lot of rental properties require tenants to maintain a certain level of renter's insurance that will cover the contents of a home in the event of a robbery, fire, etc.
4. Don't end up liable. If you are a home renter or owner, you are exposed to liability risk. Call us to make sure you have proper coverage in the event that someone gets injured on the property.
5. Never go without insurance!!
6. Know what your company benefits are. Read the human resources handbook at your job.
Don't hesitate to give us a call with any questions... even if the answer seems obvious!